Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Letter From Sendai, Japan

It has been a strange week. Some policy changes at the place where I have the closest thing to full time work threatens to take away a lot of those hours. With a 12 week Jeopardy hiatus coming up that makes things pretty scary and just at a time when gas prices and a number of other corresponding commodities skyrocketing. The continued fallout from the Earthquakes/Tsunamis in Japan and now yet another NATO military action in the Middle East are all adding up to create a general uneasiness.

Sleep tight now.

I had a couple ideas for this weeks blog but they haven't worked out. I was considering what to do as a last ditch effort to get something up and found myself looking at a virtual trash can filled with crumpled up mediocre ideas. I started surfing to procrastinate and ran across this link to a blog that has a different and encouraging ground level view of the disasters in Japan. It made me feel a little bit better. Maybe you will find interesting as well:

http://www.odemagazine.com/blogs/readers_blog/24755/a_letter_from_sendai

Thanks to my friend Collette for providing this link.

No comments: